1. Booking Form signatory is held as the wholly responsible entity for the event that is being book. However, if the signatory is acting on behalf of a registered business or company that entity shall be ultimately responsible unless it dissolves or is liquidated, in which case the initial Booking Form signatory shall be responsible.
2. Minimum Numbers: A 30 person minimum applies on all Saturday evenings.
3. Confirmation of a booking must be made in writing by the client within seven days of the original reservation. This is done by signing the Booking Form, delivering it to Shibah Café and Bar and making a deposit of 25% of the total estimated Function or Catering to Shibah Café and Bar. Tentative Bookings will be made verbally over and will automatically lapse seven days after reservation.
4. Notice of cancellation: We require notice in writing if you wish to cancel or postpone an event.
i. Should cancellation take place more than 21 days prior to the date booked, 50% of the deposit will be returned when the date is rebooked.
ii. Should cancellation take place less than 21 days prior to the date booked the deposit will be retained by Shibah Café and Bar.
iii. Should cancellation take place within 15 days of the function date, the deposit will be forfeited and the client will be liable for 50% of the expected cost of the cancelled event.
5. Final numbers for the confirmed number of guests is required seven days before the event. Please keep this in mind when requesting RSVPs for your event. If final numbers are not received seven days prior to the booked event, the numbers stated on the Booking Form will be taken as ‘final numbers’, and catering and billing will be supplied according to these amounts.
6. Special dietary requirements must be notified on the Booking Form and seven days before the booked event.
7. Payment in full for the balance (75% of the estimated total Function or Catering plus any additional costs incurred) must be made on the day of the booked event. We do not offer an account facility. Cheques to be made payable to “Shibah Café and Bar”. Major credit cards (please note a surcharge will apply: Visa/MasterCard, 1.3% and Amex/Diners, 2.8%) or cash accepted.
The signatory on the Booking Form is liable for payment of all charges associated with the function
8. Failure to pay within the all the Terms & Conditions may be considered default and may be subject to an interest charge of 5% per month. You (the Booking Form signatory) may be liable for any legal fees and/or any collection fees for the amount in default.
9. Prices: All prices listed include GST. Please be aware that prices are subject to change.
10. Themeing charge: In the event of Shibah Café and Bar staff being required to install themeing and/pr significant decorative items for a function, a staff charge of $30.00 per (staff) person per hour will be applied and themeing materials charged at cost.
11. Table lists and place cards can be arranged and those provided that are not ‘ready to use’ or that require significant alteration will incur an additional administration fee of $30.00 per hour.
12. We do not allow confetti, glitter, poppers, streamers or rice to be used on the premises (for themeing an event). Please ensure your guests are notified of this. Should you wish to bring in candles or candelabras, it is preferred that oil burning candles be used, otherwise appropriate material (provided by you) must be placed on tables to prevent damage to linen etc. Please advise us if you wish to use candles. IF additional cleaning is required, due to spillages’, it will be invoiced to the business of signatory on the Booking Form after the event.
13. Musicians: You may arrange musicians/bands/DJs or request us to on your behalf. The Musicians Award stipulates that members on a call of four hours or more must receive a main meal and soft drink. Any Musicians contracted for four hours or more, must be included in your ‘final numbers’. Shibah Café and Bar provides band meals at $35 per head. Alcohol will not be served to contractors (musicians etc) without the express permission of you (the client). You may want to consider providing crew meals for photographers, set-up crews etc. Musicians/bands/DJs should be made aware (by you, unless we arrange them on your behalf) that Shibah Café and Bar is not able to supply them with extra electrical items, cords, microphones or staging (unless you pay for us to arrange them, which we will hire and invoice to you with a 20% management fee), so that must come prepared. If you are arranging your own musicians/bands/DJs etc, please have their representative contact Shibah for a briefing.
14. Although every endeavour is made to obtain the listed wines and beers, due to seasonality, limited vintages and distribution, there is no guarantee your selection will be available in quantity. A comparable wine will be offered if necessary.
15. Shibah Café and Bar does not accept responsibility for damage to or loss of goods left on the premises prior to, during or after a function. You (Booking Form signatory) agree to accept financial responsibility for any damage sustained to property prior to, during or after the function that occurs as a result of actions by your guests or outside contracted by you.
16. Staging companies are responsible for leaving the walls, curtains, trusses and floors in the same condition they are found in. All gaffer tape, plastic ties, wiring etc must be removed when ‘bumping out’. No tape of any kind is to be attached to the curtains. No nails, screws or double-sided tape is to be used on the walls. Shibah Café and Bar staff must be made aware of any material being attached to the walls and the means to be used prior to hanging.
17. A security of cleaning bond may be negotiated for some events.
18. In the unlikely event that Shibah Café and Bar cannot meet your catering needs, all outside suppliers of food must be accredited and uphold the standards required by the Food Safety Act. Outside suppliers refers to those providing homemade cakes, wedding cakes, kosher catering etc. Delivery of food product must be delivered in food safety conscious conditions or product may be refused.
19. The management reserves the right to exclude any objectionable or intoxicated persons from the premises.
20. Security: May be required for some functions and is based on a four hour minimum charge. NB: Security company fees are subject to change without notice.